There is a disagreement on the impact of increased business and culture contact between countries on a country’s identity. What is your opinion?
People should keep all the money they earn and should not pay taxes to the state. Do you agree or disagree?
Many employees may work at home with modern technology. Some people claim that it benefits only workers, but not employers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
i. It is more important for a building to serve its purposes than to look beautiful. Architects do not need to worry about whether it is a real work of art. Do you agree or disagree?
ii. The international tourism is the biggest industry in the world. To what extent do you think its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages?
Some people think that changing jobs periodically is good. What is your opinion?
Some people suggest that there should be restrictions on a detailed description of crimes in the newspapers and on television. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
There are many advertisements directed at children. Parents argue that children are misled, while advertisers consider advertising a source of useful information. What is your opinion?
It is said that the best way to solve the world’s environmental problems is to increase the price of fuel. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Far too little has been done to prevent animals and plants from dying out, although people have noticed this problem for a long time. Why have people failed to improve this situation? What are your suggestions?
i. Some people believe that educating children altogether will benefit them. Others think intelligent children should be taught separately and given special courses. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
ii. Today, more school leavers are unable to find jobs. Discuss the causes of rising unemployment among young adults and suggest any solutions.
1. The film is interesting.
2. The plan worked.
3. I have seen this film before.
4. My mother bought me a book.
5. The news made me happy.
1. Children who are exposed to different cultural influences are more likely to be open-minded.
2. Students who are unfamiliar with computers will not find a decent job.
3. People who travel a lot are less likely to suffer pressure.
4. English is a practical course that increases students’ opportunity to find a well-paid job.
5. The workload that could take months to finish by manual labor could be done flawlessly by robots in minutes.
6. Genetic engineering allows people to nurture crop varieties that are resistant to drought, thereby improving land productivity.
7. The government should ensure equal access to education, which can help tackle poverty.
8. People with a heavy workload do not have adequate time to exercise, which can be harmful to their fitness.
9. Demand for various commodities creates a huge market for the local and international businesses, which in turn increases demand for the labor market.
10. Students should be encouraged to acquire computer skills which can be applied in their studies as well as their working lives.
1. Generally, air will be heavily polluted where there are factories.
2. University is a place where knowledge is disseminated.
3. If a student wants to learn about job-specific information, they don’t need to sit in a classroom to get it.
4. While traditional buildings might look nice from the outside, they are often not very user-friendly.
5. While there are both benefits and drawbacks to watching TV, it is obvious that the pros outweigh the cons.
6. Despite the importance of international cooperation, countries should take the initiative to implement some changes.
7. Though he was inexperienced, he did a very good job.
8. Although these technologies are advantageous, what worries people is that the decrease in communication may provoke a sense of alienation.
1. Whether universities should provide students with job preparation is a controversial issue.
2. Whether the increase of teachers’ salaries can solve the low-quality education problem is a controversial issue.
3. It is obvious that we are living in an information age.
4. What most companies and workforces need are not robots, but creative people who can contribute ideas.
5. What they need most is a few hours of relaxation.
6. What governments should do is to create policies to encourage the use of public transportation.
1. I think that a good command of English is indispensable.
2. I believe that this practice enables students from less well-off backgrounds to have equal access to higher education.
3. Many people believe that higher education is necessary if one wants to live a prosperous life.
1. Nowadays, an increasing number of people are concerned about the phenomenon that our kids are spending more time watching TV.
2. I agree with the view that not only governments but every single citizen should do one’s part to fix this problem.
3. The fact that parents and children are under enormous pressure from work and school demonstrates that a few hours’ relaxation is indispensable.
4. There is a saying that family instability causes social instability.
1. The reason why he was dismissed is that he was careless and irresponsible.
2. Women are much too preoccupied with family. Once the marriage begins to disintegrate, they’re lost. That’s where their unhappiness springs from and that’s why most divorced mothers regard themselves as victims.
3. Change is what keeps us fresh and innovative. Change is what keeps us from getting stale. Change is what keeps us young.
4. This is because it is young people in our society who are able to impose changes.
5. Another reason for this is that old buildings, like native languages, form a cultural identity and keep a unique record of a country.