I guess not only me, a number of young people have been highly impressed by her for the past months- Deshauna Barber. She is our 2016 Miss USA and the representative of USA in Miss Universe taking place in Las Vegas in the same year. After the beauty contests, she became well-known for her outstanding beauty, her amazing characteristics and also her professionalism.
2. Do you like any foreign celebrities?
Absolutely. The person I’m gonna talk about is my bias ever since I was a teenage girl-Miley Cyrus. I guess most people at the same age as me grew up with Disney Channel and among its successful series, Hannah Montanah starring Miley Cyrus would always be on top of my list. Although now she’s grown up, I’m still a big fan of her amazing voice and highly inspiring songs.
Well though I’ve never thought about it, I’m pretty sure that rising to stardom would never be one of my life goals. I appreciate all the efforts that the celebrities, no matter which field they’re working on, are making every single day. However, I find myself not belong to that world, I mean, you never know what’s going on when the curtains close, right? So yeah, I don’t think I want to become a public figure, to be honest.
Indeed. As you probably can tell, these days fans, anti-fans and even non-fans are so curious about what their bias are doing. Some are aggressive that they mentally attack their bias by leaving bad comments online. Some even approach them in person on the street, especially the so-called paparazzi. Thus I strongly agree that there should be some regulations to protect the celebrities’ privacy.
I think the influence of celebrities on fans is extensive. It’s somehow natural to follow our bias and try to be like them. At the first place it could probably be just physical changes like clothing, hairstyle or makeup. However thanks to social network, fans and idols are much closer now, sometimes it’s just a status away. However this mental connection is a two-edged sword, meaning the idols actually need to be more careful about their lifestyle or their manners.
- I can’t see the match in person, all I can do is to watch it on TV.
- a negative side of something
privacy(level: upper intermediate)the right to keep your personal life secret
- I couldn’t share a bedroom with somebody else. I need some privacy.
paparazzi(level: upper intermediate)
- a photographer that follows famous people in all possible places in order to take photos of them for newspapers, magazines, the Internet, etc.
- The actress took legal action against the paparazzi who once followed her even in the bathroom.
gossip magazine(level: upper intermediate)
- a magazine where you can read a lot about private lives of celebrities
- I never buy gossip magazines. Why should I care about the others’lives?
gossip TV program(level: upper intermediate)