1. Nowadays many young people in work force change their jobs or careers every few years. What do you think are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
2. Some people believe the best way to produce a better society is to ensure there is only a small difference between the earnings of the richest and the poorest. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people think the best way to solve traffic congestions in cities is to provide free public transport 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. An increasing number of people change their career and places of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or negative development?
5. Some people believe that university education should focus on the skills of employment for the future. Others think should focus academic study only. Discuss both views and give your opinion
6. Some people think painting and drawings are as important as other subjects, they should be compulsory in high school education. What do you think?
7. Some people think that the increasing use of computers and mobile phones for communication has had a negative effect on young people’s reading and writing skills. Does the advantage outweigh the disadvantage?
8. Machines have replaced physical work in many industries. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
9. Some countries achieve international sporting success by building specialized facilities to train top athletes instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
10. Some people think living in big cities is bad for people’s health. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. It is a good thing for those in the senior management position to have higher salaries than other workers in the same company or organization. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. Some people believe young people should be free to choose his or her job, but others think they should be realistic and think about their future. Discuss and give your opinion.
13. Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience.
14. Some people think a rise in standard of living in a country only seems to benefit cities more than rural areas. What problems may those differences cause? How to reduce this problem?
15. In some countries, the government has tried to reduce traffic. For instance, they imposed a congestion tax during the rush hour. Do you think this development is positive or negative?
16. The range and quality of food have been improved with the development of technology and scientific advance. Some people think it is good and others think it is harmful. Discuss two sides and give your own opinion.
17. Some people argue that too much attention and too many resources are given to the protection of wild animals and birds. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
18. Some people think charity organizations should help people in great need wherever they live. However, others think they should help people in their own country. Discuss both opinions and give your own idea.
19. People continue to commit crimes even after being punished. Why do you think this happens? How can crime be stopped?
20. Some people think young peoople should be required to have full time education until they are at least 18 years old. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
21. The leaders or directors of organizations are often older people. But some people say that young people are also competent for leader positions. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
22. People's shopping habits depend more on the age group they belong to than any other factor. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
23. Economic growth in recent years made some people in both developed countries and developing countries richer. However, research shows that while people in developing countries are happier, people in developed countries seems no happier than before. Why? What can we learn from it?
24. Some people believe that the governments have the duty to ensure its citizens to have a healthy diet, while others believe it is individuals' responsibility to care for their diet and health? Discuss both sides and give your opinion?
25. It is not necessary to travel to other palces to learn about the other culture. we can learn as much as from books, films and internet. To what extent do you agree or disagree?